An Overview of the Python Language
Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language, designed to be highly readable. It uses English keywords frequently as oppose to other languages which use punctuation. It has fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
Python has a broad standard library which is very portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows, and Mac. You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter and interface to all major commercial databases. Python supports GUI applications, libraries and windows systems
- It supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP.
- It can be used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
- It provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- It supports automatic garbage collection.
- It can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.